This article provides basic guidance to help you use Docman to workflow your eConsults. If you require further guidance please contact Docman.
1. Open your practice NHSmail account where the eConsults are received
2. Go to your Docman scheduler and click on ‘Run Now’
Docman will start to pull your practice emails into Docman
3. Go to Docman main menu and select ‘File Document‘
4. Find eConsult reports sent from firstname.lastname@example.org (you may need to refresh the list)
5. Ensure all pages are selected then click on ‘File Document’
6. Click on ‘Use Intellesense’ – this enables Docman to pull patient information from the eConsult to aid the workflow
7. Select/match the eConsult to the patient record
8. Follow your normal surgery document management process to complete the process of adding the document to the patient clinical record, ensuring that; the document is coded (9G6 - Alert received from telehealth monitoring)
9. Finally you may wish to:
Workflow the eConsult to a specific doctor (duty dr for example) or to all doctors and ensure the patient is contacted by the end of the next working day.
Add the eConsult to the appointment list and ensure the patient is contacted by the end of the next working day.
Advanced use of Docman
There are some advanced features within Docman that could be configured to recognise data within an eConsult report or apply rules to workflow the report within your clinical system. Please speak with Docman for more information and assistance.
If you have any questions or you feel that this article could be improved, please feel free to give us some feedback by emailing us, pressing the emojis below or using the chat button on the bottom right-hand side of this page to speak to one of the eConsult team.